Re: ms windows writing style guide

Subject: Re: ms windows writing style guide
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 12:47:34 CDT

> I'm looking for a style guide on writing documentation for products that run
> under the MS Windows environment. Does anyone have a clue if such a thing
> exists?

The closest you can get is the MS Windows User's Guide. It tells you important
things like the meanings of "select" and "choose." It is the only definitive
source for things like the name of the little doodah in the upper, left corner
of a window, the difference between a window and a dialog, etc.

There are style guides for the software, I'll get the bibliographical info
if you need it. As far as documentation appearance or style issues beyond
basic vocabulary, I don't know of any guides specific to windows.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?