Re: linking Pagemaker and MS Word

Subject: Re: linking Pagemaker and MS Word
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <arlen -dot- walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 10:16:26 -0500

>Greetings!
>My publications unit here at the University of Wisconsin-Madison uses Aldus
>Pagemaker 5.0 to create annually about 400 direct mail marketing brochures.
>It is important to our production process to be able to routinely export
>the final Pagemaker documents to Microsoft Word 5.1 documents. However, the
>Pagemaker exporting process is too time-consuming to meet our needs. Does
>anyone know of a more efficient, automatic way to export from Pagemaker to
>Microsoft Word 5.1? Does anyone know of a way to link Pagemaker and Word so
>that all changes made to the Pagemaker document at any point in the
>production process are made to the Word document?

I think you're using Macs, and I'll assume system 7. Have your tried the
Publish and Subscribe features within System 7? I don't have access to
Pagemaker here, but if you publish the Pagemaker document and subscribe to
it from Word, I think you will end up with a read-only copy of the document
in Word, which is automatically updated every time you save the Pagemaker
Document. A caveat: I haven't tried this with multi-page documents, only
with drawings, charts and figures.

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
This mail message contains 100% recycled electrons