Re: Abbreviation of State Names

Subject: Re: Abbreviation of State Names
From: "David H. Citron" <dcitron -at- INCA -dot- GATE -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 23:00:25 -0400

Dean Elzinga (elzinga -at- inference -dot- com) wrote:
: I think you are wrong about abbreviations "being accepted", although I
: have no idea exactly what you mean. I still see them on the
: occasional informal (non-postal-literal) address listing, or even
: letterhead.

: Sorry if that seems too confrontive. I just hate to see personal
: preferences trumpeted as new standards. "Everyone I know does this"
: is fine to establish the statement that "some people do this", but
: hardly to posit that "everyone does this".

: --Dean
: > From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM

: > I'll repeat that I believe the old-fashioned abbreviations are no longer
: > "generally accepted" in this country. Everyone I know (including my
: > 81-year-old mother, so we don't have to make this an age issue!) uses the
: > 2-letter abbreviation. suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com