Re: Advice?

Subject: Re: Advice?
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 02:01:09 PST

Mike Pope notes:
" (although one quickly learns one's way around, so you really have to be a
novice)."

This is why I take notes when I first look at a product. I wrtie down what
my questions were, what I couldn't find in the menus where I expected it,
all that stuff. Then I have a "new user" reference for ever'n'ever. I
have whole notebooks of this stuff for each product I document, because I'm
a new user for each new feature. I do this even for established products,
since I also do software training.

This idea has really worked well for me, since you're right, you can't
always remember what it's like to be a newbie.

Bonni
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
Director, Region 8 Conference