Job Posting: MRS Technology, MASSACHUSETTS

Subject: Job Posting: MRS Technology, MASSACHUSETTS
From: "Lawrence \"Lonnie\" Brennan" <lb -at- MRST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 15:41:00 EDT

Technical Writer Position

MRS Technology, Inc.
10 Elizabeth Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824

Resumes to:
Joanne Carpenter, Human Resources Manager

e-mail inquires/questions to:
Lawrence "Lonnie" Brennan, Corporate Publications Manager
lb -at- mrst -dot- com (please state "TW-inquiry" on subject line)

Immediate opening exists for a technical writer to support the
Corporate Publications Department with the following projects:
=Training Documentation/Videos
Operator's Training
Assembly Training
Calibration Training
PanelCAD II Training (graphical software package)
Reticle Design Guidelines Training
System Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
New Employee Orientation
Microlithographic Process
PanelPrinter Technical Achievements...
=Sales/Marketing/Advertising Support
Brochures
Data Sheets
Conference Papers
Presentation Slides/Overheads/Portfolios
Company Newsletter
Exhibits/Trade Shows
Multimedia Exhibits (kiosks)
Tour materials
Software Demo Disks (PC and Macintosh)
Video Demo Tapes
"Road-show" handouts, overheads slides, demo tapes
Ad design/placement
Trade Journal Articles
=Manufacturing Support
Subsystem (bench) Assembly Procedures
System Integration Procedures (Assembly and Calibration)
Field Assembly and Calibration Procedures
Customer Acceptance Test Procedures and Forms
=Field Service Support
Troubleshooting and Repair Guides
Customer Specials
Research and Development
System Performance Specifications Documentation
Subsystem Assembly and Test Guides
Review Presentation Materials
=Contract
ARPA documentation (govt. docs)

We seek a proven team player with excellent communication skills.
Technical writing, course development, document design, mass communication,
video design and production, and software documentation skills are desired.

A few notes (in no particular order of importance):
We currently work with FrameMaker 3.1.1 and FrameMaker 4.0.3 on Sun workstations
(UNIX). We also use CorelDRAW, and have recently purchased other toys (tools)
both hardware and software.

MRS manufactures a machine that is used to create flat panel displays, such
as those used on laptop computers. (AMLCDs.)

Credentials to Joanne. Questions to Lonnie.

We really want to get someone on board this month (or early July at the latest).
Yes, we do work with headhunters, and we will notify the headhunters by
phone or mail either today or tomorrow. I'll be EXTREMELY busy on
Friday, and probably will not return mail until Monday or Tuesday...so please
don't feel ignored if I don't zap mail right back to you.

This is a new position, expanding the department to 4 full-timers. We'll also
be adding an intern next week (position is all but filled at this point),
and we'll be calling on contract help from time to time in the upcoming months.
Again, I will distribute this info to headhunters/etc., as soon as possible.

We're located in Chelmsford, which is one exit South of Lowell on Route 3.
(Ten minutes North of Burlington, 40 minutes to Boston).

about 100 employees, traded on NASDAQ, as mrstech, public for one year,
growing but cautious....