Re: documentation and training

Subject: Re: documentation and training
From: Rollings Gill <WGILLR -at- WOK-MSMAIL-GW -dot- ISL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 12:40:00 PDT

I've worked very closely with the trainers on my current project, partly
because it's all new product and we're all learning together. As I have at
least one skill that they don't (using CorelDRAW! to create diagrams), I've
had some useful previews of what's going on. However, while there are
overlaps and we can borrow each other's work, there is a difference between
a "worked example" in my user guide and the end of chapter "exercises" in
theirs, among others. I would have to modify my approach quite a bit if I
wanted to create computer based training to go along with the rest of my
work. There is plenty of room for mutual respect along with the exchange of
information.

Gill Rollings, Technical Writer, Internet Systems Ltd.

gill -dot- rollings -at- isl -dot- com