Volunteering for GNU as a way of getting experience

Subject: Volunteering for GNU as a way of getting experience
From: Erik Larsen <Erik_Larsen -at- CCM -dot- JF -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 08:40:34 PST

Text item: Text_1

Has anyone volunteered to do tech writing for the GNU folks? I volunteered
about a year ago (I haven't written too many things and I thought it would be a
good way to get experience). After several weeks, someone replied, and they
didn't seem too enthusiastic about me volunteering. So I sent another letter
and never heard from them again.

Anyone else have different experiences with them? Perhaps they look at
volunteers as "you get what you pay for."

Erik Larsen
Erik_Larsen -at- ccm -dot- jf -dot- intel -dot- com