Frequency of flame wars

Subject: Frequency of flame wars
From: Peggy Thompson <Peggy_Thompson -at- CCMAIL -dot- OSTI -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 14:18:00 -0400

--Boundary (ID A6V/GPz8aHlT98O+t/T7iw)

I have to second what Caryn Rizell wrote about the frequency of
flame wars (which she courageously called rudeness) on this
list. I subscribe to another active list for professional
writers, a list fraught with the usual disagreements and
divergence of opinion, and that list does not appear to me to
generate a fraction of the hostility that erupts here.

Bright people are impassioned, but must we be nasty to those
with whom we disagree? :-)

--Boundary (ID A6V/GPz8aHlT98O+t/T7iw)--