Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?

Subject: Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 11:03:40 PDT

Yes, I have had this request before for a 'notes' page.

What we did was have a 'notes' page at the end of the
chapter. That avoided having to mess with the page formatting
to accomodate training.

I would agree with your comment that 'the manuals ought to be
complete as is', but the reality exists that people like to
take notes. You should consider it a compliment that the trainers
want to use your documentation for training! It is common for
trainers to think that they have to rewrite docs.

What you could do is see if you could attend some training
and get an idea of what people do write on their training
materials. Then you might be able to incorporate their
comments into the text.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com