Re: Info on Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Info on Information Mapping
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <arlen -dot- walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 11:46:09 -0500

>Information Mapping is a copyrighted, structured approach to writing
>documentation, reports, memos, and almost any type of written communication
>except creative writing such as fiction, plays, etc.

I have to wonder what the term "copyrighted" means in this particular case.
Does it mean that if I use their methods, the page layout in my manuals
belongs to them? Do I have to pay royalties for any publication produced
using their techniques? Does it mean that if I happen to produce a document
on my own which resembles their approach to documentation, they'll sue me?
Does it mean that even if I read Horn's book, I'm not free to adopt any of
his techniques?

Oh goodie.

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
This mail message contains 100% recycled electrons