Re: An error as big as the side of a barn (sort of)

Subject: Re: An error as big as the side of a barn (sort of)
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 11:59:00 PDT

lamorela -at- cs -dot- hh -dot- ab -dot- com writes:

Here's a giggle for all you techwhirlers. I'm sure you've run into similar
things. I've spent the morning comparing an engineer's report with the copy
I'm
correcting in my manual. While reading the engineer's document, I came
across
this discussion of alarms (short excerpt here):
...the bits in this data file...are assigned for alarms only and are not to
be
modified in any way. Failure to comply may result in alarming problems.

==============
[Now that I've finished laughing...] I was hoping we'd get around to
sharing these! Heli & I got a chuckle out of this one a few days ago at the
end of a trying week:

"Additional information is stored in the XXX table, so that for each volume
there is the information about the volume."

Send more! We can vote on the winning Doozy! Or compile them into a sample
manual that says *absolutely nothing* in a very complicated way! :)

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA

"Honey attracts more flies than vinegar" -- Mom