Re: nonsense

Subject: Re: nonsense
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 22:24:29 GMT

Although this isn't my field, I'll give it a go.

> 'In contrast to other object-oriented
> notations

Okay so far: the desirable "unique selling proposition,"
12 o'clock and closing.

> XXXX Product uses object
> decomposistion as a single refinement
> paradigm

Object decomposition (presumably something that happens at a
lower level, hidden from the programmer, where object
manipulations get turned into ones and zeroes, as opposed to
something that happens to software brochures in the landfill)
is the only means of "refinement" in use.

> and maintains orthoganality
> between control flow and value propogation.'

"Orthogonality" means, more or less, "independence." Presumably
other blah-blah paradigms (do you have to say "paradigm?") would
not give this feature.

> This is something I am actually working on now.
> I have asked for an explanation, but haven't
> received one yet.

It isn't nonsense, just an unusually impenetrable combination
of marketese and techno-Klingon. If it uses terms of art that
are well understood by its intended buyers, fine. If not,
rewrite in plainer language.

Cheers,
Joe
"The pallid pimp of the dead-line/The enervate of the pen" -Robert Service