[no subject]

From: Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <POSTMASTER -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 01:28:29 -0600

I totally agree with you, Mary. Before using an acronym you should use the
appropriate article. Before an S, you use "an" because you would spell "S"
as "ess." Before an E you use "an." And before any other consonant that
sounds like it begins with a vowel, you use "an" instead of A. I have
argued with many engineers over this issue, but most conflict comes from
those that speak another language other than English as their native
language. English is definately a difficult language to understand. Rules
are not specific and do not always apply. Life was never meant to be easy.

Jenny Fornaca