Re: Adobe side note

Subject: Re: Adobe side note
From: "David L. Bergart" <bodafu -at- CCVAX -dot- SINICA -dot- EDU -dot- TW>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 21:14:52 +0800

From: Karen Steele <karen -at- BILBO -dot- SUITE -dot- COM>

> in shipping the PS files to customers in remote locations (over the 'net),
>something happens. Our customer can't read our PS files -- and we can't
>read theirs.
>Anyone else having similar problems?

I think that PS files use at least some 8-bit characters (is this true of EPS
also?) -- if so they are getting eaten by the 7-bit mail system. You should
uu-encode your files before mailing them, or FTP them as binary. RTF files
don't have this problem. They're 7-bit all the way and get along with the net
just fine, but they can be modified by those pesky sales critters.

David

bodafu -at- ccvax -dot- sinica -dot- edu -dot- tw