Technique Magazine and Paper Direct

Subject: Technique Magazine and Paper Direct
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 14:20:08 PDT

"Can you send me a catalog, then?" I cringe, thinking to
myself that I have just sprouted another branch in that tree
of all the mailing lists that contain my name. What a
gnarled, untamed beast that has become.

"Sure, your catalog will arrive in 3-5 days," she told me
cheerily.

[Sigh, why can't anything be simple? I guess I'll get the
magazine eventually.]

If my experience is any guide, you'll also be getting a lot of other
catalogs from them.

I asked Paper Direct to take me off their mailing list (not that I
don't like their paper) at least six months ago, and I still get
catalogs from them -- if not from Paper Direct itself, from various
other of their offshoots, like "Wow -- what a great presentation!"

Apres moi, le deluge!

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com