Re: Shut down Windows

Subject: Re: Shut down Windows
From: "DSNACQ::HARRISON"@TULSA.DOWELL.SLB.COM
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 09:27:31 -0500

While I agree, on the whole, with all the comments about using
"shutdown" (noun) vs. "shut down" (verb), I just thought I'd throw
in another interface that I haven't seen mentioned yet . . .

In Windows NT, the File menu lists two exiting options: "Logoff"
and "Shutdown". The Logoff option's dialog box states: "This will
end your Windows NT session. [Boxes for OK and Cancel]" The
Shutdown option's dialog box states: "Shutting down will end your
Windows NT session and prepare your computer to be turned off.
[Option box for 'Restart when shutdown is complete', boxes for OK
and Cancel]"

Just FYI . . .

Barbi Harrison
The Wordmaster, Inc.
harrison -at- dsnvx1 -dot- sinet -dot- slb -dot- com