Re: CompuServ or AOL?

Subject: Re: CompuServ or AOL?
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 12:29:26 CDT

|} Doesn't the quality of the interface depend on the tool you use to
|} navigate the service?

Yeah, but some of these companies, AOL is one, provide you with
their own proprietary software to navigate their system with, so
you can have a point and click system.

With online services, their are so many, with new ones showing up
everyday, and the fee system is so capricious and arbitrary, that
in order to get yourself a good deal online you will have to
ask yourself, ``What do I want, how much will I use it, who provides
it, and how much do they charge for it.''

I finally decided that what I really wanted was to get out from
behind my company's firewall and surf the Net on WWW. For that
I need a dialin PPP account, and I have quotes on my desk ranging
from $35 to $150 a month for dial up PPP. Hoo Hahhh!