Re: Internet books

Subject: Re: Internet books
From: Stewart Lindsay <slindsay -at- WATARTS -dot- UWATERLOO -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 13:42:06 -0400

Since a couple of other list members have mentioned there books on the
Internet (and it doesn't surprise me one bit that this list has more than
its fair share of Net authors), a book in the Teach Yourself... series
concerning the Internet is due out soon (was June, but now is early
July). The main author is Neil Randall, who writes extensively on
computers and culture, with several chapters contributed by people
proficient in the particular topic. I wrote the instructional chapter on
using Newsgroups and the Usenet.

The premise behind this guide is that it is meant to be very much a
"getting started" book. Neil even directs those wanting a "comprehensive"
guide to other, competing manuals.