Re: Headers, Footers, & Page Nbrs.

Subject: Re: Headers, Footers, & Page Nbrs.
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- CORP -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 16:44:51 CDT

David:

We do it quite a bit differently. The left hand page has the section title and
document title on the left margin as the headers, and the footer contains the
page number (on the left margin) and the part number of the document. The right
hand page
looks the same, but reflected.

Including the part number apparently has something to do with ISO 9000--I think
it makes
the documents look kind of unfriendly.

Even Page:

Section Title
Document Title

3-22 Part Nbr

Odd page:

Section Title
Document Title

Part Nbr 3-23

The documents I work on are divided into sections, so I really have to include
the doc name and the section name on each page so that I can differentiate
between doc A, sec. 1, and doc B, sec 1.

Does this make any sense?

Nora Merhar