Training Videos - looking for information

Subject: Training Videos - looking for information
From: Ilana Levenson <tmc!ilana -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 15:50:52 -0400

Hi Everybody,

I am often a lurker, but now I'm taking the plunge and I hope you all can help
me.

I am interested in finding out information about creating training videos.

I write user guides for custom business analysis software, but now I am told
that I may be
working on a project which requires a training video (I have never done anything
like this).
This video would explain how to use business analysis software. It might also
explain
business concepts which would help users better understand the software.

I am wondering if you can recommend any books which would help me approach this
project.

In addition, I am wondering if anyone can give me data from your own experiences
which
would help me understand whether or not video training is useful to explain:

- complicated business concepts
- how to use complicated business analysis software

I apologize if this subject has already been discussed in detail on the list.

I would be happy if you sent me email privately at ilana -at- monitor -dot- com or post to
the list if
you think others would be interested.

Thank you very much for all the valuable information you have all given me in
the last
year. I look forward to your responses to this request for information.

Take care...

-ilana katz

ilana -at- monitor -dot- com
Monitor Company