transparent backgrounds on bitmaps

Subject: transparent backgrounds on bitmaps
From: Julie Fisher <JFISHER -at- MSGATEWAY -dot- WICHITAKS -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 15:37:00 PDT

Does anybody out there know how to make a bitmap with a transparent
background? We're developing a Visual Basic application that makes use of
two different types of list boxes, and a nitpicky tester noticed that this
causes a difference in color if you play with your Windows color selections
too extravagantly. If you have any information, please email me directly.

Julie
julie -dot- fisher -at- wichitaks -dot- ncr -dot- com