Re: Frame-to-HTML converter?

Subject: Re: Frame-to-HTML converter?
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 07:52:05 EDT

I recently found and downloaded (with Frame customer support help) a nifty
online publication from Frame--Frame Connections. It lists all sorts of Frame
add-ons, suppliers, trainers, consultants, etc.

The ftp address is:

ftp.frame.com or 192.111.118.8

For Unix folks, the filename is:

fconnect.tar.Z

Here is what you type (I had to use iftp at my site--since you may have a
different access/file transfer program, adjust to fit):

iftp ftp.frame.com [to connect]
cd /outgoing/unix [once connected; note that there are DOS and Mac directories
as well]
dir fconnect.tar.Z [just to check]
binary [because the file is binary rather than text]
get fconnect.tar.Z [it takes about 5 minutes to download; no messages saying
what's happening]

Once the file is safe on your system, you have to uncompress it (which is what
the Z means):

uncompress fconnect.tar.Z

Then un-tar it:

tar xvf fconnect.tar

Open the book file with Framemaker, and there you are!

--Susan Fowler
sfowler -at- ejv -dot- com