Re: Need advice (vacation)

Subject: Re: Need advice (vacation)
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 08:26:10 CDT

|} From TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu Mon Jul 18 07:40:57 1994
|} Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 05:31:39 PDT
David Dubin asks:
|} I will be going on vacaton on Wednesday, 7/20 and will be gone for
|} 3 weeks. What is the best way to handle the info flow from TECHWIRL?
|} Should I go to digest, drop out, do nothing? Please provide input
|} based on your experiences.

It kind of depends on how much space, and how many messages your sys
admin allows you in your mail spool, and how much of the stuff you
really want to wade through when you get back. If it were me, I would
probably unsubscribe for three weeks. If there is some thread going
on that you are particularly interested in, you can request back issues
from the server.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem