Printing process for good quality screen shots

Subject: Printing process for good quality screen shots
From: Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <POSTMASTER -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 07:22:05 GMT

Hi

I am putting together a manual with a lot of screenshots of Windows (and
OS/2) windows, and was wondering how to get it printed with good quality
screen shots. Up to now we have just produced masters using a laser
printer, but that gives poor screen shots because the laser printer
can't really handle the shades of grey.

SO I was wondering if someone might be able to suggest what kind of
printing I would need to get the good quality shots?

Do you think that a standard screen capture program (like Paintshop Pro) would
give the correct resolution of electronic screen shot for quality printing?
I'd like to avoid having to cut and paste so ideally I'd like to get a file
together to send to the right sort of printer that includes the screen shots.
At the moment the manuals are in Word for Windows 6.

Do I need to really get it printed using some kind of typesetter?
--
Jim Snowden