Re: Scaleable

Subject: Re: Scaleable
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 09:09:31 PDT

> What do you think - scalable or scaleable

> thanks alot Cynthia

Generally you have to find a balance between the "e" jumping out at you
and looking stupid, and creating a word without the "e" that is
pronouncable -- then people try to pronounce it and understand it.

I think, since you don't want people saying "Scalable -- what's
Scalable??", you should use "scaleable." No one will trip over it. I'm
sure that people will mention some more solid lexical reasons for this
choice, too.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com