Re[2]: Spelling

Subject: Re[2]: Spelling
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 13:44:00 CDT

I sent the following message earlier. But, I just did a spell check on
this message. It accepted "scaleable" and prompted me to replace
"scalable" with "scaleable".

Subject: Re: Spelling
Author: Virginia L. Krenn at OSU-Community-Post
Date: 7/19/94 11:04 AM

Because the e at the end of a syllable determines the pronunciation
of the other vowel in the syllable, I would opt for scaleable (sounds
like pale) as opposed to scalable (sounds like pal). There may be
exceptions to this rule. But, this is generally true.

Subject: Spelling
Author: Cynthia Schwartz <cynthia_schwartz -at- M1MAIL -dot- SBI -dot- COM> at SMTP
Date: 7/19/94 10:52 AM

Subject: Time: 11:00 AM
OFFICE MEMO Spelling Date: 7/19/94
Hi-
I need some quick help on spelling -

The word is <scalable> or <scaleable>
meaning that something (a technology) can be scaled to handle a large number of
users.

I cannot find the word scalable or scaleable in the dictionary - and even if it
might be another MADE UP WORD where I work, it's going into a presentation for
upper management. Since so many of those MAKE WORDS UP PEOPLE work here, I
have to use it.

What do you think - scalable or scaleable

thanks alot Cynthia