job opening

Subject: job opening
From: 32154-gordon <micheleg -at- LUGE -dot- GAMEKEEPER -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 11:09:26 -0400

I'm not quite sure how to post to this list, so I hope this works.....

We have an opening for an experienced Tech Writer at Bellcore in Piscataway on
the MARCH project. MARCH is a Bellcore produced software system that is used
by telephone companies to modify switch translations based on customer service
order requests. The system provides flowthrough for the majority of service
orders, but also provides manual operation capabilities for exceptions. The
UNIX based system is deployed on several different hardware platforms.

The applicant must have knowledge of FrameMaker. The duties are:
-Design, develop and deliver documentation for system users, RCMAC supervisors
and system administrators.
-Serve as learning support expert on user-centered design/development teams.
-Assist in planning, scheduling, budgeting, user surveys, field trials, and
delivery of system documentation and training products.

Qualifications:
Extensive experience in areas related to documentation, training, computer
technology, user interface design or similar communications disciplines.
Experience and orientation in use of visual and graphic techniques for
conveying information. Broad understanding of large software system design
and information delivery.

Contact Ellen Inghrim (908)699-2587