Re: online docs in portfolio

Subject: Re: online docs in portfolio
From: JPG3 <jpg3 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 08:26:09 -0400

In article <9405121731 -dot- AA04163 -at- monk -dot- proteon -dot- com>, Jane Torpie writes:

I'd take a diskette of the online help file (esp. if it is WinHelp) and
allow the potential client to review it *while you are sitting there.*

I've even gone so far as to make a copy of the disk and leave it with
them. Why not trreat it as if it were a writing sample?

And another interesting wrinkle - have you thought about doing your resume
as a help file? This has some fascinating ppossibilities - scanned in
pictures of documents, copies or snippets of help files or documents
you've written, more details about companies or jobs etc. You could put a
lot more into an interactive resume than you could fit onto the standard
2-pages.

John Garison
Doc Manager
Ziff-Davis Interactive
Cambridge, MA
AOL: JPG3
CIS: 73062, 3543
Prodigy: ETGX74A
Internet: jgarison -at- hades -dot- zis -dot- ziff -dot- com