Re: Need an attractive name

Subject: Re: Need an attractive name
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 09:43:12 -0500

> Why call a spade a shovel? Chances are that your readers know what
> "Release Notes" are and the kind of info they contain. In particular,
> upgrade customers probably search for the release notes first (whatever
> they're called), so why make it harder to find?

> > Anyone seen a good appropriate name in the field

> Yeah, "Release Notes." ;-)

I agree. Our release notes contain things about installation, sometimes
to the point where the release notes replace the instructions in the manual
completely. As long as the front page of the release notes makes it somewhat
obvious that installation instructions are included, people should be able
to figure it out and do the right thing.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?