Software packaging

Subject: Software packaging
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 05:26:00 UTC

Speaking of packaging. . .

Why is it that when I open a beautifully designed, totally gorgeous box (in
three colors with an informative foldover) that comes with my new software
(documentation and disks), why is it that the thing I pull out after I open
the box is a folded piece of cardboard that dumps everything on the floor
(or if I'm lucky, the table)? Why can't it be a cardboard box that slides
out like a drawer? I like to store everything in the original carton, but
the packaging makes it difficult.

Do any of you have input into packaging?

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com