Re: Software documentation--when to begin?

Subject: Re: Software documentation--when to begin?
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 09:38:33 CDT

For Peggy Thompson, et al:

We begin the documentation set with the initial drafts of the
system specifications documents. Documentation is on the distribution
lists for all new or update product development efforts.

We face short suspense dates for the various drafts. Delivering
documents on these dates makes them available for internal product testing
efforts. We get technical feedback both informally between drafts, and
formally, during formal reviews of later drafts.

Disadvantage -- more work. Advantages -- more feedback, better
and closer working relationship with system developers, more accurate
documents.

Best Regards!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411
STC Mail: cbanks -at- talkdallas -dot- com