Selective presentation of facts

Subject: Selective presentation of facts
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 07:54:00 -0700

I know this is a long tangent that doesn't relate to the topic on the list at
all, but I wouldn't recomment that anybody plan their business strategies or
feedback research based on this study, or much of anything else they hear on
NPR. I listen, but I listen skeptively.

Mindy
============================
Very well said Mindy! I, too, listen to and enjoy NPR but
recognize that most of their special reports have a heavy
slant which make them seem rather like news releases than
actual news reports.

Slightly related -- has anyone else noted the annoying new
tack taken by CNN Headline news? Every once in a while,
during the "hard news" portion of the half hour, they slip in
an editorial piece, complete with appropriate soul softening
music. Does anyone else resent this?

[Yes this is a tangential thread, but I think it is related
since I find news reporting very similar to tech writing.]

Rich
rxs459 -at- fep1 -dot- rl -dot- gov