Re: What the f -at- #$?

Subject: Re: What the f -at- #$?
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 10:48:05 PDT

> >that are _not_ considered dirty ("dirty" itself is, not surprisingly, from
> the French).

> Really???? As you many know, the French word for "dirty" is "sale", accent
> acute on the e, (which I am constantly reminded of by my French husband
> because that's what my first name sounds like!). What is the actual origin
> of "dirty"? "d'something"?

> --Sally

Yes, and while you're at it, will some Francophone tell us how it looks
to see big signs "SALE" in store windows all over American cities?

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics, prescriptive grammar, spelling,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.