ACM SIGDOC

Subject: ACM SIGDOC
From: "Kamela J. Salyers" <kjsalyer -at- FIREFLY -dot- PRAIRIENET -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 13:43:31 -0500

I just bought How to Write Usable User Documentation by Edmund Weiss. The
appendix lists The Journal of Computer Documentation, Special Interest
Group on Documentation of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM
SIGDOC) as a recommended source. I am a fairly new member of STC but
I have never heard of ACM. What is this Special Interest Documentation
Group? Does any one have the address? phone? insights or information?
Also, what can IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication offer?

I've only been a tech writer for 3 years so I am constantly looking for
new sources. I've learned quite a bit for the month that I've subscribed
to this list.

Thanks,
Kammi

Kamela J. Salyers