Word Mac/Windows indexes

Subject: Word Mac/Windows indexes
From: Gordon Meyer <grmeyer -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 01:08:00 UTC

The page number references for index entries will possibly be
incorrect if you generated the index while in "normal" view, had the
paragraph marks showing, or bascially were in any view of your
document other than "page layout".

I know from hard-learned experience that this is true for Word for
Windows v2.0a. I have Word Mac but haven't taken the time to verify
it. After the Windows version indexing fiasco I just make sure I'm in
"page layout" and everything is okay.