Re: another bad manuscript

Subject: Re: another bad manuscript
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 08:11:02 -0500

Gwen Gall said:
>I wonder if, when you publish them, anyone on this list will recognize
>THEIR OWN WRITING!

>Although I am in no way besmirching _any_ reputations....who hasn't known
>someone who _thought_ they were good, and even managed to convince others
>to think they were good, or to successfully conceal from others that they
>were, in fact, not?

Even the good among us ;) write bad stuff under deadline pressure, general
boredom, or dire need for vacation. Of late, I pretty regularly set co-worker
Kim to laughing over something I've written.

Before I got here, the writing department was two guys named George. The
first George wrote some highly convoluted prose. I'll dig through the archive
to see if I can find the actual sentence, but once he wrote of a field with
a valid entry range something like "input with value robustness" or some such.
We didn't know whether to laugh or not.

jim grey
--
jim grey |"Ain't nothin' better in the world, you know
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |Than lyin' in the sun, listenin' to the radio" - D. Boone