Re: &*%$ words

Subject: Re: &*%$ words
From: Mike Pope <mikep -at- ASYMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 09:12:00 PDT

Well, the American Heritage Dictionary -- perhaps not a 2-digit-IQ
publication -- gives this as its
ONLY definition of swear word: "An obscene or blasphemous word." So we can
attempt to explain
patiently to our dense audience that rigorous logic dictates the
impossibility of the definition
they assume, or we can figure out what people mean when they say it and
report accordingly.

-- Mike Pope
mikep -at- asymetrix -dot- com