Re: More business names

Subject: Re: More business names
From: Linda Haynes <lhaynes -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 19:45:17 EST

Kelly Hoffman writes in an earlier post:

> Last Sunday's newspaper included an article on some contest for
> funniest business names. The winner was for a hairstyling salon:
>
> Curl Up and Dye
>
> The article listed several runners-up, but I don't remember them. I
> also don't remember where the winning entry was located. (Sorry, my
> brain cells are losing ground. ;-)

The "Curl Up and Dye" is a beauty shop in Chicago on (I think)
Lake Shore Drive. It's one of my favorite business names.

However, another one of my favorites was (it no longer exists--sigh)
a record store called "LMG" which stood for "Lick My Grooves."
It was located right here in West Lafayette, IN.

BTW--When my son looked over my shoulder and saw that I was reading
a listserv called "TECHWR-L," he said he thought it said "TECHWARS-L."
I told him that that name sometimes fits!

Linda "The insufferable TECHWARS-L lurker" Haynes
lhaynes -at- mace -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu
Department of English
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN