Re: Reader's Reply Cards

Subject: Re: Reader's Reply Cards
From: JonPrice -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 23:05:47 EDT

The only times I've gotten good response have been when I asked dozens, even
hundreds of questions, all about specifics, so I could revise the books in
detail. People seemed to recognize that because I was asking so many
details, I would probably be able to use their comments, too. Some people
spent an hour filling in a fourpage form. I went chapter by chapter, asking
every question I was concerned about, everything I wondered about, when
contemplating an update. I made sure every question could help me do the
revision. And that seemed to be clear to the readers.

Jonathan Price