Re: ??Tech Writing Seminar??

Subject: Re: ??Tech Writing Seminar??
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 13:23:22 -0500

I attended the seminar in 1993. The moderator/instructor spent more time
asking the attendees "what do you do in this case?" "What is the industry
doing now?" etc. than he did instructing. As is typically the case, they
had tables conveniently located around the room to view their materials -
and of course purchase them at a "special" price (today only).

I was not impressed. I started to write a letter to Keye, but never
finished it. The brochure listed all of the things this seminar would do
for me. It did NONE! I wouldn't pay the $125 to go again, and I wish I
had finished the letter to Keye.

Please note that they have several people who teach these one day
seminars. Other instructors may do a great job. When I pay money to go
and learn I expect to benefit from it, not be surveyed on what I would do
in this case, how I handle punctuation, grammar, ...

My nickels worth. Anybody have change?

+ + **Please post a reply to this group -- I can't get mail
yet!** +
+ I am considering attending a technical writing seminar in Austin, Texas, but
+ I'd like to make sure it's useful first.

+ Has anyone attended "How to be a Better Technical Writer," a seminar given by
+ Keye Productivity? This company is a division of the American Management
+ Association.

+ Thanks,

+ Tuesday