Midlife Job Search -Reply

Subject: Midlife Job Search -Reply
From: "Mark D. Walker" <MWALKER -at- CONNECT4 -dot- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 15:16:49 -0700

I can definitely identify with your problem. I have 26 years
experience in electronics, first as a technician, then as an engineer
and, for the last 11 years, as a tech writer. I was on an upward
path until Dec '91, when the company I worked for went out of
business. For the past 32 months, I have worked at various places as
a subcontractor, but have not been able to find a permanent job. It
seems that more and more companies are hiring temps instead of
permanent employees, in order to save money. Unfortunately, I have
no advice to give you, but at least you can know that your situation
is not unique.