Re: Pulling my hair out

Subject: Re: Pulling my hair out
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 11:16:00 PDT

>After that, I started making fewer unexplained marks, and usually sat down
>and discussed each document with the author. This actually turned out to
>be a time-saver for me in the end, since in the course of these
>discussions I was able to teach the principles I was using to edit and
>stuff eventually started arriving in better shape.
------------
Hey, that's the key. You know, give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish.
Most adults (and teenagers I've taught, as well) are accepting, relieved,
and grateful if you can simplify the muddle of grammar they got in school
from various English teachers who frequently contradicted their
predecessors.

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA

A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other
people.
--Thomas Mann