Re: Usage of the word "thru"

Subject: Re: Usage of the word "thru"
From: Elna -dot- Tymes -at- SYNTEX -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 15:15:04 PDT

In article <32tm1b$dn4 -at- usenet -dot- srv -dot- cis -dot- pitt -dot- edu>, <brush -at- civeng1 -dot- civ -dot- pitt -dot- edu>
writes:

> Am I the only Technical Writer who uses "thru" when referring to a
> series of items? The people who review my manuscripts would rather
> see the word "through," but I'm sticking with thru unless my fellow
> writers tell me I'm wrong.

Sorry - my Random House Dictionary says that "thru" is the informal <read
unacceptable in published works> form of "through." I side with your
reviewers.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems