Building Help in Windows

Subject: Building Help in Windows
From: Terance McNinch <tlmcninc -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 11:27:24 EDT

Building Help in Windows
What is the best way to go?

I need to build on-line help for a Windows application
that will be distributed without cost to federal, state,
and local public agencies, schools and universities.

Is WinHelp the only way to go or are there other options?
We can not count on the users having MS Word
or some other wordprocessor that runs the help system.(Lke some
of the packages I saw at the STC in Minn., when I didn't pay
close enough attention those help systems because I didn't expext
to be doing any of this!!!)

Any clues and experiences will be helpful.

Terry McNinch
Transportation Technology Transfer Center
Michigan Technological University
tlmcninc -at- mtu -dot- edu