Re: temperature-range style

Subject: Re: temperature-range style
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 09:15:00 CDT

At B&V, we use 25o F, with a space between the degree symbol (o) and F. And
for a range, house style is 25 to 50o F.

Kayla Westra
13718westr -at- kcpbldg01 -dot- bv -dot- com
"Illa est causa mea..."
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: temperature-range style
Date: Thursday, August 18, 1994 8:38AM

Hi. I've already asked this on the copyediting-l list, and
so far there is no consensus. What is your opinion?

Which is correct, and why?

1. ... for use in temperatures 50 to 250oF.
2. ... for use in temperatures 50o to 250oF.
3. ... for use in temperatures 50oF to 250oF.

where o equals the degree symbol.

And before you ask, we always try to use "to" to express ranges
(house style).

When you reply, please state if this is your opinion, your in-house
style, or based on a reference. Thanks.

BTW, international readers may substitute metric equivalents. This
is only an example.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com