Re: Building Help in Windows

Subject: Re: Building Help in Windows
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 14:22:14 EDT

> I need to build on-line help for a Windows application
> that will be distributed without cost to federal, state,
> and local public agencies, schools and universities.

> Is WinHelp the only way to go or are there other options?

Information Presentation Facility (IPF), the help facility for OS/2, is
now also available on Windows, and can be used to provide contextual help
or online reference in hypertext/hypermedia format.

The windows viewer is, I believe, free to distribute. Right now it's only
available packaged with HyperWise, which is a WYSIWYG editor for IPF on
OS/2.

Later,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf.