Re: More frighteningly ignorant signage

Subject: Re: More frighteningly ignorant signage
From: John Hooper <hoop -at- CSC1 -dot- PRIN -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 17:56:24 -0500

In article <2E5A49D8 -at- mkt -dot- eicon -dot- com>,
Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- eicon -dot- com> wrote:

[deletia]
>And then there's my co-writer B., who sent us all a message yesterday
>containing the `word' "alot." I am not making this up. Actually, I expected
>no less from this person. Anyone else had the experience of working with
>someone whose writing skills are borderline, who needs an eagle-eye check on
>everything s/he writes, and who bristles at all the red ink s/he sees on
>review copies?

>Let's face it: there are some people who should simply never have been hired
>as technical commuinicators. Let's hear everybody's dubious-hire stories,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>whatever the complaint!

>PatO'
[deletia]

Ah Patrick, me boy, ye make me cry, for sure.

When posting anything even close to a personal attack, shouldn't we
remember all the lurkers out there who can spot a typo from a
thousand yards and put a .220 round right between its eyes?

Judge not, lest ... and all that.

I, for one, hope that we *won't* hear all the dubious hire stories.

good thoughts,
hoop
(Sing Ho! for the life of a Bear!)