Re: Consistent Subject Lines

Subject: Re: Consistent Subject Lines
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 1994 11:46:30 EST

Douglas Dirk suggested we keep our post subject lines consistent. I agree
wholeheartedly. Although I don't have a computerized mail filter, I do have a
"speed reading filter." I quickly peruse the subject lines to determine whether
I will delete a post unread or open it. I also watch author names. After
awhile, on certain subjects, some authors get out of hand. Or two authors get
involved in a personal discussion on the list. These posts are easier to delete
if the subject line remains consistent.

I also think it would be great if everyone would sign their posts, as one
person has already suggested. In these last discussions, I've seen several
posts without any signature, and the sender's address was not helpful to me.
Perhaps it's because I haven't been around long enough. Please be courteous to
the unending stream of newcomers and sign your posts. Personally, I also like
seeing a job title, of some sort. It helps me know where you are coming from,
in terms of what you do for a living. And last, but not least, it would be good
to give your e-mail address, so that people can keep personal responses off the
list!

I know these simple courtesies would do a lot to add to my enjoyment of the
list.

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com