Re: Re[2]: Hello and Pet Peeves

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Hello and Pet Peeves
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 1994 09:56:10 -0700

Virginia Krenn said:
> I agree with all of Sally's post except for the part about pet peeves.
> I think that they serve a purpose. They are a way of bringing
> attention to some problems without criticizing individual
> contributors.

> For example, the following items appear on this list regularly.

I would not hold even professional writers to what they write in
computer lists. These have a lot of speech features, and so people are
much less punctilious than they might be.

That being said, I also benefited from the pet peeves, thread. I saved
some of them as things to watch out for in my writing.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com