Possible solution to job advertisements

Subject: Possible solution to job advertisements
From: Elizabeth Hanes Betsy Perry <ehp648c -at- CRUSHER -dot- DUKEPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 10:52:55 -0400

This isn't going to work for full-time employees, but it may help some
of the contractors out there.

I was whining to a friend about just this problem, and she said "Offer
them the first day free; that's about how long it takes me to get up
to speed on a new WP." She's right.

The strategy I generally use is the ever-popular "No, I haven't used
X, but I've used Y, which is very similar." Thus if it's
embedded-command, I've done Scribe, *roff, HTML; if it's WYSIWYG, I
bring out my Mac experience, Interleaf, and Frame; if it's Word 6
for Windows, I curse and buy a copy of MSWORD FOR WINDOWS FOR DUMMIES.
(Which is a lousy reference, but was invaluable in bringing me up to
speed fast. I'm now the in-house MSWord expert, and I'd never used it
before June.)

Betsy Perry